In an effort to keep our community safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, the 10th Annual Women for Women’s gala will be brought to you virtually. The event will feature many of the same elements from our past in-person, including world-leading and empowering research from Women’s College Hospital experts, high-energy musical performances and a chance to network with fellow community and philanthropic leaders dedicated to advancing women’s health and health equity across Canada. We hope you will join us in raising our voices for women’s health and revolutionizing healthcare for all.
- To access the networking hour and live broadcast, tickets must be purchased from Women’s College Hospital Foundation at $149.00 CAD/ticket (or $1490 for a Bundle of 10). Buy your ticket for Women for Women’s today, by clicking here. You will have the opportunity to receive a partial charitable tax receipt for your ticket purchase (estimated at approximately $100.00 per ticket). Please note that charitable tax receipts will be issued after the event takes place in March 2021.
- With your ticket purchase, you’ll gain access to the live celebration and you will also receive a surprise and delight box. The surprise and delight gift boxes are only available with your ticket purchase until February 19. You can choose to opt-out of the gift box.
- Please note, if you opt-out of the gift box or purchase after February 19, your entire ticket price is eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
The main broadcast will be approximately 1.5 hrs, from 12 p.m EST to 1:30 p.m. EST. Rooms will open at 11:00 a.m. EST for a virtual networking hour, where guests can mingle and network with others in their private video chat rooms. The live broadcast will begin at 12 p.m. EST and will include impactful talks from Dr. Ruth Heisey and Dr. Aisha Lofters, remarks from community and philanthropy activists and celebrities, special musical performances, empowering videos showing the impact and work of Women’s College Hospital and memorable moments to raise funds for their programing. Guests will also have the opportunity to participate in our exciting marketplace, Fund-a-Need moment and make a donation.
Tickets are available until event day, Monday, March 8. Unfortunately, participation in a zoom room cannot be guaranteed to guests purchasing tickets on March 8. Surprise and Delight Boxes (detailed further below) will only be available to ticket purchasers/sponsors who have purchased ticket(s) before Friday, February 19, 2021.
In order to maintain exclusivity to our event, guests will be provided with the following information prior to event day:
- Generic password to access the live broadcast
- Room specific password to access their private video chat room
On event day you will visit womenforwomens.ca. Once on the website you will click ‘Live Event’ in the top navigation bar and enter the generic password to access the live broadcast. This password will be shared with you by email from the guest registration manager, Amanda Tran ([email protected]) on Friday, March 5, and the morning of the event, Monday, March 8.
Private video chat rooms can all be accessed on the Live Event tab which is exclusive to paid guests only. To access your room, please follow the below steps.
- Visit womenforwomens.ca and click the ‘Live Event’ page in the top navigation bar. Enter the generic password to access.
- Scroll down and look for your company or host name under the Find Your Room section. Room names are listed in alphabetical order. Your room name is included in the emails you will receive on March 5 and March 8 from Amanda Tran with your passcodes. Don’t forget to download Zoom before the show.
- Once you’ve located your room number, click the icon associated with your company and/or host name and room number. This will automatically open Zoom.
- Once Zoom has opened, enter your room-specific password found in your emails from Amanda Tran ([email protected]) to join your fellow room guests.
- At 11:55 a.m. EST, close Zoom and return to the event website (womenforwomens.ca) for the live broadcast.
- The show will be presented on the event website (womenforwomens.ca) on the Live Event page starting at 12 p.m. EST. Make sure you click ‘play’ to start watching the formal program. **Please note, the formal program will be shown in the embedded video at the top of the Live Event page. If it doesn’t immediately start playing, please refresh the browser and click ‘play’ again. If you refresh the page, you may be required to enter the Live Event page password again.
- To enjoy the show we recommend making the broadcast fullscreen by clicking the arrows (see below) in the bottom right-hand corner of the broadcast screen. To watch on a big screen try sharing or mirroring your computer screen onto a television. We recommend using an HDMI cable or casting device.
- Our audio visual provider, Bespoke Audio Visual, will be providing support for any technical issues on event day. Please contact them at 1-888-409-1550 or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- If you are missing passwords to access the website or to access your Zoom room, you can also contact the registration manager – Amanda Tran at [email protected] and they will do their best to support you.
All event attendees who have purchased a ticket and provided a mailing address prior to February 19 will receive a Surprise and Delight Box. If you would prefer not to receive a gift box, your ticket purchase will become a donation toward the greatest needs at Women’s College Hospital and your gift will be eligible for a full charitable tax receipt.
The Surprise and Delight Boxes will include sparkling wine and/or sparkling water, delicious goodies, a Cup of Gratitude tea, custom note cards, and more! For those who are not of legal drinking age or who have opted out of receiving an alcoholic beverage, another beverage will be provided.
Our intention is that each Surprise and Delight Box is prepared for one person.
- In order to ensure we can fulfill commitments and that contents in boxes arrive in-tact, we have established a delivery zone for the Surprise and Delight boxes. The delivery zone (included in your ticket) includes all of the Greater Toronto Area (Hamilton-Oshawa-New Market).
- If shipping outside of the GTA is required, we ask that you consider making a shipping contribution for each box that needs to be shipped. The shipping contribution is eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
If you purchased multiple tickets and or a Bundle of 10 a staff member from Women’s College Hospital Foundation will follow up with you for your guest information. Your guests will receive their own link to the broadcast and gift boxes can be shipped to them directly. Please note, addresses for delivery must be provided by February 19 in order to receive a Surprise & Delight box.
No, however, delivery addresses are required by February 19, 2021. Delivery addresses can be provided here.
Please contact the guest registration manager, Amanda Tran ([email protected]) to discuss delivery outside of the delivery zone. A fee may be associated with deliveries outside of the delivery zone and we ask that you consider making a shipping contribution for each box that needs to be shipped.
Yes, we request that someone is home and/or at the office to accept the delivery. If not, for homes with direct direct access the boxes will be left at your front door. For condo buildings, boxes will be left with security if accepted.
All boxes will be out for delivery between Friday, March 5 and Sunday, March 7. If you have not received a box by Sunday, March 7, please contact Judi Steadman from Fluid, our event parter, at [email protected] or at 437-245-1909.
The auctions will be run through Trellis, so all you will require is a device (desktop, tablet, mobile device) connected to the internet.
The marketplace will be open starting February 22 in advance of the event. Guests will receive communication to confirm when it has opened. The marketplace will close March 8 at 8 p.m. EST
The marketplace will be open to the public.
The platform we use for the marketplace includes the option to pay via credit card directly on the site. Where requested, the Foundation can help facilitate other payment methods, including payment by cheque.
Arrangements can be made for items to be delivered. Please contact Amanada Tran ([email protected]) to discuss further.
Our marketplace service provider – Trellis – will be providing support to troubleshoot issues. There will be a help option directly on the Trellis marketplace site where donors can reach out to our team with their questions.